Saturday 9 February 2013

The Yellow Pages misunderstand the internet 2

Just a quick update on my earlier post about how the Yellow Pages would not give me a free listing that most likely no-one would see anyway.  I recently found that possibly the easiest way to get onto the first page of Google in the search rankings is to submit a Google Places page.  This took a few weeks whilst I waited from my postcard from Google to confirm my listing. Here is the result:



















So even if I had paid for a fancy Yellow Pages ad, would they have got me listed on the first page of the search engines?  Clearly not.

So as I said before, the Yellow Pages do not understand the internet.  Fortunately Google do.

OK, I am not an SEO expert, but if warehousing and logistics are important to your business or your personal career then why not follow this blog by email or on Google+.  To tap in to the full benefits of business and career boosting ideas I suggest you join The Warehouse Performance Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment