Monday 4 February 2013

Universal supply chain model for the 21st century

I'll discuss this more over the next few days but here is my model of the supply chain in the 21st century. The black lines represent the flow of materials in a traditional supply chain.  The coloured lines represent more recently developed material flows that will continue to shape supply chain in the years to come.  A full size (and probably prettier) version of this diagram will eventually find its way onto my website for those who are interested.

The first insight I am trying to show in this is that the customer is not just one person.  More on this tomorrow.

Universal model of supply chain
If warehousing and logistics are important to your business or your personal career then why not follow this blog by email or on Google+.  To tap in to the full benefits of business and career boosting ideas I suggest you join The Warehouse Performance Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment